Proverbs 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

What is Next...

Hello Family and Friends! One day I will indeed post a little more about Carmen Bajo and the project that I am working on their for the last 5 weeks I am around. Also I'll put a recipe or two up. In time!

This post is all about whats next! I am a very big fan of living day by day, but sometimes you have to plan ahead just a little bit, when it involves at least the next 2 years of your life, and a larger chunk of money that you'll need loans for.

Please be in prayer these next few months as I begin to look into going back to school for youth ministry.
I've spent a lot of time in Prayer here seeking what God wants for me in this life, and I'm getting super excited about finding a town/city with Youth in Major need for a comfort place, a place to hang out, and feel welcome at. A place besides home and school where they can go on a daily basis. I've always wanted to own a coffee shop of my own one day. And after college set out to work and save up for that (Then I came here, and well saving went the opposite way) besides the point, I know i was brought here for a reason. Now I'd like to go back to school and get a masters in Youth Ministry so that I can work with local churches in whatever community I land in. Having a coffee shop by day, that turns into a place for youth in the afternoon to evening. A place where they can hold events and just come in off the street for anything they may need. Yes I could just open my own shop still, and be there for them, but personally I would love to grow stronger with God to be a rock for them in life. One more influence in their life to look up to in a Christian way. Hence the decision to go back to school, so please help in praying that I take my time in figuring it out, and choose a place that I will love, and will help me grow to the best of my ability!

When I spend time thinking about school and whats to come and I pray about it. I always think of,
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Thank You for reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Em,
Happy Easter! I’ll be praying for you as you look at school and figure out how you are going to move forward. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Glad you are finding what brings you joy. And have to agree with your Aunt Cyn you are glowing in these pictures. All those recipes you are learning about would be great served in your coffee shop.
We are going to miss the Easter video cam. Uncle Mel and I are headed to Lansing to have breakfast with Keren. She works a double today and has to be at the liquor store at noon... you know how people need their liquor on Easter. Love you dear one and am proud of you. Aunt Anne